james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James Server Release
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 11:12:22 GMT
2011/5/13 Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> How does others feel about branch current trunk and release it as
> first beta of James Server 3.0.0 ?
>
> I think we have fixed everything needed for 3.0.0 and just need to be
> sure we stabilize it. New development would still happen in trunk and
> only get backported if it feels save enough for upcoming 3.0.0

I don't have good knowledge of the current trunk status, but maybe it
is a better plan if changes still happen in trunk and we keep
releasing betas from trunk. I would branch only for RC.

That said, this is only an idea.. the most important thing is to have
the beta released.. if it comes from a branch or from trunk is a
detail!

Stefano