james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James Protocols 1.5
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:34:16 GMT
2011/6/23 Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> its time again for a new Apache James Protocols release.
>
> Changes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311060&version=12316655
>
> Please review:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-045/

+1 Stefano

My main concern is about pom files having the "repository" tag. Maybe
we should use javamail from geronimo as dependencies for libraries and
just reference sun javamail in server/container-spring so that
everything else can be easily be deployed to maven central (AFAIK they
don't accept artifacts with the "repositories" tag). No time to open
an issue, but I hope we can fix this in future releases (availability
in central is a key factor to adoption for libraries).

> Thanks,
> Norman
>
> Ps: This release will be used in Apache James Server 3.0-beta1

Isn't it better to move to beta2 even if b1 didn't succeed? I already
have beta2-snapshots around and I guess re-releasing beta1 have more
issues than simply moving to beta2 and say that "beta1" didn't pass
the review/vote.

Stefano