james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James Server 3.0-beta1
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:56:17 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Eric Charles <eric@apache.org> wrote:
> Awesome!

+1

> We are heading to first James Server 3 beta.

:-)

It's been a long journey...
... the end is now in sight.

> I just deployed the proposed artifact. Everything fine so far.
> I will further test for 2 days before voting.

I'm going to give it a run as well but first a few points

1. I can't find norman's key at https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/
2. Missing license headers (just oversights, I think)
  dnsservice-dnsjava/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/dns-osgi.xml
  cli/src/main/java/org/apache/james/cli/probe/ServerProbe.java
  osgi/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/extender/osgi-extender.xml
  pop3server/src/test/java/org/apache/james/pop3server/AbstractInputStreamTest.java

  are these all original works?

3. Bit worried about
container-spring/src/main/config/james/context/XSD/*. AFACT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1141 is the relevant
issue. Are these clean room implementations or just copies of external
source?

4. Some jars are missing OSGI bindings

5. In some of the composite licensing foo isn't policy compliant. I'll
open another thread for this.

Shall I dive into trunk and fix the easy stuff?

Robert