james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: let the coding start
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:24:05 GMT
2011/6/8 Eric Charles Apache <eric@apache.org>:
> Great!

Thanks for the support Eric, see my comments below:

> Strong point compared to others:
> - mailets to have rich spooling functions
> - protocol hooks (smtp, pop3, imap)
> - different storage system supported (db, maildir, jcr and soon hbase :)

Can I get any performance benchmarks, besides those from the wiki?
How does it compare to legacy, well established MTA like postfix,
sendmail, qmail, etc. in terms of performance and/or features?

How usable is the IMAP support? I saw some older posts and recent JIRA
issues that stated IMAP is not fully supported. I will read more on
the documentation page, please notify me if the pages need to be
updated.

> Weak points:
> - 3.0 not yet used widely, so may still contain issues.

Agreed, I will mention this and I hope to get more input from the
audience. Some of them are sys-admins and have some experience with
mail servers.

> Btw, on my side, my "summer break" will begin a bit later (my client is
> asking for me...). As discussed, I will commit a few hadoop/hbase samples in
> my git tomorrow (my new macs will help me for :)

Great, I look forward to that.

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/