james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MS Outlook Error - UID does not comply with standard - Beta 1
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:01:56 GMT
Upon wireshark dump, did it ever work on your side with outlook 2010?
We had issues in the past, and I have in mind that it was resolved (not
sure...).

Thx.

On 05/07/11 20:25, Norman Maurer wrote:
> Can you take a wireshark dump of such an account ?
>
> Bye,
> Norman
>

> 2011/7/5 Patrick Pyette<ppyette@inpriva.com>:
>> Hi Eric&  Norman,
>>
>> I did do the copy/restore using jpa ->  maildir and back again.
>>
>> After the restore, I also created a brand new account and was able to reproduce the
issue using it as well, so that appears to rule out any issues with the mailboxcopier.   I
haven't narrowed this down to the smallest number of steps, but I was able to recreate the
issue by:

>>         1)  Sending 4 messages, one after the other.
>>         2)  Receive a new message.
>>
>> As soon as the new message was received, Outlook 2010 started complaining.   I deleted
the account from Outlook and redefined and the issue appeared immediately, so Microsoft's
suggested workaround didn't work.   None of Thunderbird, Roundcube, or Mac Mail have a problem,
only Outlook.    Unfortunately Outlook is the primary client for the majority of our customers.

>> Thanks,
>> Pat
>>
>> On 2011-06-29, at 2:31 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Patrick,
>>>  From previous thread, you were planning to copy/restore your mailbox.
>>> If you did that, then client uid/uidvalidity are no more in line.
>>>
>>> In thunderbird, it simply resynch the whole folder.
>>> Could it be oulook throws that message when uid/uidvalidy are no more in line?
(that's what occurs when you copy/restore).

>>> Tks

>>> --
>>> Eric

Eric