james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help with build / deployment
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:33:46 GMT
On 11/07/11 23:09, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am kind of stuck with build and deployment please help me with this.
> To achieve Encryption/Decryption functionality I have to modify
> JPAMessage.java file and add another file CustomJPAMessage.java. The fix
> I made uses JASYPT Library as well.
>
> The steps I followed are below:
> In Eclipse I have checked-out the JPA project:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/trunk/jpa
> Opened JPA project in Eclipse as a JAVA project
> Completed the modifications.
> Opened command-prompt and ran the package command mvn clean package
>
> Artifacts got generated with name:
> apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar &
> apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.4-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
>
> I took the back-up of existing
> "apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.2-M2-20110401.040755-51.jar" file and place
> the "apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar" in my Apache James
> server library path.

The safer is to copy apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to
apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.2-M2-20110401.040755-51.jar.
If you do such, you don't have to change scripts.

What I would in for your case:

1. Test my env without the path with fresh trunk
1.1- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/current/
1.2- mvn clean install from the root of mailbox
1.3- mvn clean install from the root of protocols (optional)
1.4- mvn clean install from the root of imap (optional)
1.5- mvn clean install from the root of server (optional)
1.6- mvn clean install from the root of app
1.7- test the generated artifact in target folder

2. Test my test
2.1- apply patch in mailbox
2.2- mvn clean install from the root of mailbox
2.3- mvn clean install from the root of app
2.4- test the generated artifact in target folder

If you begin to change by hand things, there are chances that you miss
things, especially if you are not yet used with all james conf, jars...

> When i am trying to start James server it complains about missing
> classes. "Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.JPACachingUidProvider".
>
> I compared the JAR file size and found the new one (67KB) is less than
> the original one (74KB).
>
> Any suggestions on making build and deployments? I have attached the
> modified java files and pom.xml including JASYPT library to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Sai

Eric