james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: great news
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:26:38 GMT
On 21/07/11 22:01, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have two great news:
>
> 1. I have been granted financial support to go to ApacheCon Vancouver
> 2011. I just have to fill some papers and save some cash but I will
> see this through.

Congrats!
Same here: We'll have a beer in Vancouver :)

Unfortunately, I was too late to register a slot for a James
presentation. Anyway, we'll market James having contacts with other
participants.

> 2. I am very close to finishing the HBase implementation. There is
> just HBaseMessageMapper() left to implement (about tow days work) and
> it should be ready for real life tests.

I will give feedback on current implementation this weekend.

Maybe I'm wrong, but messagemapper will take more time than
mailbox/subscription.  Two days sounds short to have it working.

> Unfortunately, for the next week I will have limited Internet
> connectivity and limited time because I will be going on a trip to
> Vilnius, Lithuania.

Good trip.

> After the implementation is finished I plan to take care of the
> documentation, some bug hunting and search for optimizations. I will
> need your help when the time for release is close.

I've created a documentation page for mailbox-hbase:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/trunk/src/site/xdoc/mailbox-hbase.xml

You can use this page and create documentation patches.

Just target a first non optimized implementation.
Optimization can always come after.

Before releasing, we'll need to test it in real. I'm volunteering for
that :)

--
Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net