james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with address-error not bounced
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:20:23 GMT
Hi Sai,

Yes, I used V3 for James 3.0-...
By default, virtualHosting is enabled (see usersrepository.xml, the
enableVirtualHosting must be set to true).

In this particular case (add a domain), you should be ok going directly
to the database. Nevertheless, it is strongly discouraged to do so. You
better use the james-cli.sh script to add a domain.

I think upper/lower case will play a role.

Thx.

On 27/07/11 14:39, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Good morning.
> I have setup Apache James 3.0-Beta 2, Is this also called V3? How to verify
> VirtualHosting configuration?
> I haven't used JMX-CLI to create domain, have just inserted domain name in
> database. Also, we will verify the case sensitivity.
>
> Thanks, Sai
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Eric Charles<eric@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Sai,
>>
>> Just to be sure, are you running James V3 with virutalHosting enabled (the
>> default config)?
>>
>> Did you add MyDomain.net in the list of domains via the JMX/CLI client?
>>
>> Also, I wonder if uppercase don't give issue?
>> Can you try with mydomain.net?
>>
>> Thx.
>>

>> On 27/07/11 04:49, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Team,
>>>
>>> We are trying to configure James to return undelivered messages which are
>>> unknown user etc., Yesterday Eric suggested a solution and it worked
>>> great.
>>> This works only for any email sent to xyz@localhost.com, where xyz user
>>> is
>>> not available.
>>> The problem we are trying to fix is, we have our own domain mydomain.netand
>>> email users are configured to this domain NOT localhost. Now, If I send an
>>> email from abc@MyDomain.net to xyz@MyDomain.net where xyz doesn't exists.
>>> Unknown user exception from postmaster are not sent. I am not getting any
>>> error messages back. So, how to configure MyDomain.net instead of
>>> localhost?
>>>
>>> Please advise.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sai