james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploying james sites
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 04:25:28 GMT
Hi Stefano,

On 30/07/11 00:42, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> I guess it's an year or more I don't deploy james websites and I found
> I don't know the updated way to do that.
>
> I see the svn folder james/sites/trunk/www is outdated so I guess we
> don't use it anymore (what about removing it?).

It is not used for now, but the goal is to recommit updated sites there,
and ask Apache Infra to SvnPubSub so we don't have to svn up and wait
the sync for now.

> How am I supposed to update the web site?
>
> I tried site:deploy for the project, but it doesn't deploy the full site
> "mvn -Psite-reports site" creates the reports, but overwrite the index
> from the previous command.
>
> What are the right steps to deploy updated site and reports?

We talked about the reports some time ago and decided to have two
separate sites: the end user site and the site with reports.

The goal was not to have the public site with some reports, even if it's
true that previous mime4j site had such reports.

I think you could copy some definitions from the site-reports profile to
get this reports in the public web site.

> Also, I see the html generated from apt sources for mime4j don't
> produce anymore valid html (bad links): is this something related to
> newer maven site plugins? Do you know anything about this before I
> start digging it?

For server, I remember I migrated the few apt to some xml (just to have
a uniform format).
I suppose the issue come from the new maven 3 site plugins.
No idea how to solve it. Eventually, you can migrate the apt to the xml.

> Stefano

Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net