james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James Server 3.0-beta2 artifacts
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:37:53 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 18:29, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> I still think that we should better have a source package to be voted
> and this vote didn't include a source package

Well, there are a number of source packages to be voted on if you
follow the link in Norman's vote post, although not a single package
containing all the code.
I'd agree if you'd say it would be awkward to review every single one of them.

However, as you point out, reviewing binary artifacts is not
sufficient to vet a release.

My interpretation is that technically this vote is about the
james/server/trunk code at rev 1145273, as is currently contained in
(and per convention this will never change)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta2/

  Bernd