james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem implementing UUID as mailboxID
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:06:44 GMT
2011/7/12 Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>:
> Nope thats wrong..
>
> Have a look at JCRMessage to see how it use "String" as a mailbox Id
> and but still use long as uid.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/mailbox/trunk/jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/jcr/mail/model/JCRMessage.java?view=markup
>
> Hope it helps,
> Norman

Yes, you where right. It was the second time I tried and again I got
intimidated by the fact that UUID was propagating to Message<> and it
didn't seem right. I should have checked more thoroughly.

I have switched to UUID. Mailbox UUID is generated randomly for now,
may be in the future it will change, and start from a seed. I have
commited the changes and pushed them. Tomorrow I want to finish the
change the rowkey and try to get some of the tests to pass.

Thanks, and good luck,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/