james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: great news
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 07:39:50 GMT
2011/7/23 Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>:
> hi there,
>
> comments inside...

Thanks Norman,

>> 1. I have only access to the Message and Mailbox interfaces when
>> saving/deleting messages?
>
> Sorry dont understand the question..

I tried to cast Message to HBaseMessage, but when I ran
HBaseMessageManagerTest it failed due to a ClassCast exception while
trying to cast a SimpleMessage to HBaseMessage. So it seemed that I
have to relay only on the interfaces. So I asked to make sure this was
the case.

>> 4. What exactly are Properties from JPAMessage implementation and why
>> is order important? Are they the header fields?
>
> its about extra infos that are needed for part fetches. The order is not
> important, i think I changed the interface to not extend comperable
> anymore..

My main source for inspiration is JPA implementation. JPAProperties
implementation keeps track of the order, but I think I will useorg.
apache.​james.​mailbox.​store.​mail.​model.​impl.SimpleProperty
instead of my own implementation.

> bye
> norman

Regards,