james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James Server 3.0-beta2 artifacts
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:50:07 GMT
2011/7/11 Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com>:
> My interpretation is that technically this vote is about the
> james/server/trunk code at rev 1145273, as is currently contained in
> (and per convention this will never change)
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta2/

That was my interpretation, too (BTW the convention is not enforced
and in past we removed and recreated tags after failed votes, and
that's why I prefer to not reroll releases but skip to the next
version number)

I preferred the way we voted in the past years where we always
released a source package and voted that package (and in past I've
been told this is also the apache policy, so I don't see why we should
change it now).

Note I'm not vetoing the release, I'm just reporting my concerns.

Stefano