james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jSPF] Release Artifacts [WAS Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James jSPF 0.9.9]
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:37:48 GMT
2011/7/11 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Similar problems to the James application...
>>
>> James app had many artifacts not referred in the NOTICE/LICENSE: from
>> a fast review it seems jSPF includes them.
>
> But not correctly
>
>> Can you be more specific
>> (maybe adding a comment to the JIRA issue
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-91 )?
>
> Using the same legal documents for binary and source distributions
> assembled using maven-assembly-plugin causes the problem. To fix,
> clean the LICENSE and NOTICE files in version control and switch to
> using maven's standard source build.  For the binary, use source
> LICENSE and NOTICE documents (in src/licensing, say) and have the
> binary build copy them in. The correct the LICENSE and NOTICE so that
> contain the right stuff.

Please note that tester\src\main\resources\META-INF\NOTICE includes
specific statements (also copied in the /NOTICE.txt) about third party
files bundled in the source tree (so this is a bit different from
other james projects and maven default configuration won't work well).
In past maven allowed to add a footer to the generated NOTICE by using
a pom configuration, but newer "remote resources plugin" removed this
option (never understood why) so we have to deal with multiple
LICENSE/NOTICE tuples
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-28).

Stefano