james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache James Server 3.0-beta2 artifacts
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:29:41 GMT
2011/7/11 Young Gu <hyysguyang@gmail.com>:
> Please use app project to build the final binary file for testing:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/app/trunk

This won't work as the beta2 artifacts are not in maven repositories
as they are not yet officially released.

So I'd have either to:
1) manually install each artifact from the staging repository in order
to test the application using the under ongoing vote artifacts and
this is a lot of work.
2) checkout the beta2 tag for server and locally build and install the
artifacts but this way it is much more work and anyway I wouldn't be
testing the right artifacts.
3) add the staging repository to maven settings.xml file (as a
profile) and use it together with an overridden local repository to
build the "app" module, but again this sounds a lot of work compared
to what I did before JAMES-1286.

That said I'm not able, in short time, to actually test if the code
allow the beta2 server to start and work in my environment (like I did
for every previous release). If Robert previous "+1" in this thread is
a +1 to release then we already have 3 +1 (Eric, Norman and Robert)
and I'll better wait the release process for the app module in the
next days and review that one.

I still think that we should better have a source package to be voted
and this vote didn't include a source package (Isn't this the official
apache policy? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-34).

Stefano