james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: MS Outlook Error - UID does not comply with standard - Beta 1
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:25:48 GMT
Can you take a wireshark dump of such an account ?

Bye,
Norman

2011/7/5 Patrick Pyette <ppyette@inpriva.com>:
> Hi Eric & Norman,
>
> I did do the copy/restore using jpa -> maildir and back again.
>
> After the restore, I also created a brand new account and was able to reproduce the issue
using it as well, so that appears to rule out any issues with the mailboxcopier.   I haven't
narrowed this down to the smallest number of steps, but I was able to recreate the issue by:

>        1)  Sending 4 messages, one after the other.
>        2)  Receive a new message.
>
> As soon as the new message was received, Outlook 2010 started complaining.   I deleted
the account from Outlook and redefined and the issue appeared immediately, so Microsoft's
suggested workaround didn't work.   None of Thunderbird, Roundcube, or Mac Mail have a problem,
only Outlook.    Unfortunately Outlook is the primary client for the majority of our customers.

> Thanks,
> Pat
>
> On 2011-06-29, at 2:31 AM, Eric Charles wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>> From previous thread, you were planning to copy/restore your mailbox.
>> If you did that, then client uid/uidvalidity are no more in line.
>>
>> In thunderbird, it simply resynch the whole folder.
>> Could it be oulook throws that message when uid/uidvalidy are no more in line? (that's
what occurs when you copy/restore).