james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: great news
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:29:27 GMT
On 31/07/11 19:37, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Thanks, also for the input, Eric. I will take care of everything. I
> hope we can have a meeting to sort of the details.
> I also found some other things to improve (use HTablePool instead of HTable).

Good catch for HTablePool :)

I use it for user/domain in hbase
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/hbase/src/main/java/org/apache/james/system/hbase/TablePool.java

If you go that way, take care you need to put the table back in the pool
and call flushCommit after put/delete, otherwise, the data will remain
in the client cache, and data may be lost on failure. Also, I silently
ignore exception in case of problem on the table put in the pool.

The next HBase version will have enhancement on HTablePool (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4054)

Thx.
--
Eric Charles