james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase-mailbox alpha release
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:37:31 GMT
On 17/08/11 18:39, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> 2011/8/17 Eric Charles<eric@apache.org>:
>> Sure. Optimization is for later.
>> (just to be sure, the limitation is on the 'column family', not on the
>> 'column')
>
> Yes, I am aware, thanks for reminding.
>
>> Just tell us if you need help to progress on the integration tests.
>> Maybe you could have more unit tests that will help you assess the
>> functionality is correctly implemented: e.g. save two messages, count must
>> return 2.
>
> Well, today I spent a lot of time in figuring out what's wrong, and I
> think I will get to reduce the number of columns faster then
> anticipated, because I have to make some changes to the design (I'm
> missing some things - like updating user flags is not done right). I
> also have a bug in storing properties (I use ":" as a separator, and I
> shouldn't).

don't know if it's related, but hbase uses a syntax like cf:column.

> I could use some help in learning what happens when a certain test is
> run. I think The easiest way is to log all methods from the Mappers,
> and I will do that.
> Bonus: I united all the tests to use a single MiniCluster or a full
> cluster (provided you change the useMiniCluster to false) and supply a
> configuration on the classpath.

That's really a good think to be able to run the tests against a real
cluster (even if it a local or pseud-distributed).
With that, you will be able to see what is really stored instead of
relying on vaporous in-memory cluster.  I adding the hbase-config.xml on
the classpath and launching a local fresh cluster does the job. To see
the content of your cluster, I don't know helpy client, except the hbase
console.

--
Eric