james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: Questions about JMX interface and James 3.0 beta2
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 03:03:45 GMT
Hi Vanessa,
Is there any other stacktrace in the log/james-server.log file?
Thx.

On 19/08/11 21:55, Pao, Vanessa wrote:
> Hi,
> Yes, we're trying to copy from maildir to jpa on CentOS because we found out it won't
work on Windows. However, we configured James on CentOS to point to a  MySQL installation
on Windows.

> Partial stack trace below...had to hand type because had trouble copying text from JMX
error window...

> Java.lang.Exception
> 	At org.apache.james.container.spring.mailbix.MailCopierManagement.copy(MailboxCopierManagement.java:83)
> 	At sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	At sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	At sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	At java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)
> 	At com.sub.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:250)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
> 	At com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxBeanServer.java:791)
> 	At javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1447)
> 	At javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:89)
> 	At javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1292)
> 	At javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImple.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1380)
> 	At javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:812)
> 	At sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor69.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	At sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	At java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> 	At sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322)
>
> Thanks,
> Vanessa Pao

on a CentOS machine and modified database.properties to use a MySQL instance on a Windows
machine. When we run jconsole on the CentOS machine and try to initiate a database restore
using mailboxmanager's copy method (trying to copy from maildir-mailboxmanager to jpa-mailboxmanager),
we get the following exception:

>> java.lang.Exception
>>           at org.apache.james.container.spring.mailbox.MailboxCopierManagement.copy(MailboxCopierManagement.java:83)
>>
>> I'm thinking whatever outbound port the JMX interface is using to connect to the
Windows machine might be blocked. Does this sound right? What port does JMX use? Does it expect
the database to be on the same machine?

--
Eric
http://about.echarles.net