james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase-mailbox alpha release
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:39:53 GMT
2011/8/17 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:
> Sure. Optimization is for later.
> (just to be sure, the limitation is on the 'column family', not on the
> 'column')

Yes, I am aware, thanks for reminding.

> Just tell us if you need help to progress on the integration tests.
> Maybe you could have more unit tests that will help you assess the
> functionality is correctly implemented: e.g. save two messages, count must
> return 2.

Well, today I spent a lot of time in figuring out what's wrong, and I
think I will get to reduce the number of columns faster then
anticipated, because I have to make some changes to the design (I'm
missing some things - like updating user flags is not done right). I
also have a bug in storing properties (I use ":" as a separator, and I
shouldn't).

I could use some help in learning what happens when a certain test is
run. I think The easiest way is to log all methods from the Mappers,
and I will do that.
Bonus: I united all the tests to use a single MiniCluster or a full
cluster (provided you change the useMiniCluster to false) and supply a
configuration on the classpath.

Bye,

--
Ioan Eugen Stan