james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase-mailbox alpha release
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:18:43 GMT
2011/8/17 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:
> Hi Ioan,
>
> Didn't jump to my eyes reading the code, but schema showed clearly showed
> it.
>
> HBase is known to outperform for with many column families per table
> (http://hbase.apache.org/book/number.of.cfs.html), and you are using 5
> column families in the Messages table.
>
> I remind from HBase mailing list, max 2 column families per table, and even
> 1 if there is no strong reason for more.

I know. I have a TODO for reducing the number of column. It's in
HBaseSessionMapper. I can reduce the Messages table to 3 columns easy,
probably 2 if I scratch my head, but I want to pass the integration
tests before I get serious with performance issues.

I think I'm making some progress here, but it's kind of slow.

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/