james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase-mailbox alpha release
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 14:17:42 GMT
2011/8/9 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieugen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I fixed the exception in the test (forgot to update it when I made the
>> change). I also fixed some other issues.
>> Now all tests should pass, except for HBaseMailboxManager which runs
>> indefinitely. I tried to profile the test case in NetBeans but failed.
>> I have an idea of what's going on, but not being able to profile the
>> application will probably take more time.
>
> One tactic I sometimes use with type of problem is to add more
> specific tests. Another is to selectively dummy.

I have tracked down the problem. It is in HBaseMailboxMapper.save() method. [1].
I have put some System.out.print statements to see what happens and it
seems that reading from the InputStream blocks.
This is strange. I will try to see what is causing this. Do the
messages created in the test suite have content equal to the size?

            while ((b = message.getBodyContent().read()) != -1) {
                out.write(b);
            }
            out.close();
            out = new
ChunkOutputStream(sessionMapperFactory.getClusterConfiguration(),
                    MESSAGES_TABLE, MESSAGE_DATA_HEADERS,
messageRowKey(message), MAX_COLUMN_SIZE);
            while ((b = message.getHeaderContent().read()) != -1) {
                out.write(b);
            }

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/mailbox-hdfs/source/browse/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/hbase/mail/HBaseMessageMapper.java

Thanks,