james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.umg.char...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4 mailboxes technologies with Apache James 3.0
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:41:46 GMT
On 02/09/11 02:25, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> 2011/9/2 Eric Charles<eric.umg.charles@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to inform you I have submitted on a talk '4 mailbox technologies with
>> Apache James 3.0' for the ApacheCon 2011 BarCamp.
>>
>> http://lanyrd.com/2011/apachecon-vancouver-2011-barcamp/
>>
>> Feel free to feed me with ideas, we can always change the title and the
>> content.
>
> Looks good, I don't have anything to add now, but I decided to hijack
> the thread and inform you that I will be exercising my new commit
> power and upload the mailbox implementation, the integration tests and
> then update everything to follow trunk. I will start sometime these
> days. Any wishes/recommendations are welcomed now.

+1

Just put a small comment and a reference to the jira (MAILBOX-44).

I updated the hg repo, and I've some failures, like cluster is not started

11/09/02 04:38:15 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1119)

> We will probably have to sync the mailbox HBase singleton with the
> User/Domain HBase singleton. TablePool is implemented but I'm having
> regressions so it will not go into trunk yet.

It would be good to share some classes between mailbox and user/domain
projects. For now, I don't see how we could do, cause we don't want to
introduce a direct dependency between user/domain and mailbox.

A way to solve it would be to create a common (or util) project, but I
find we already have too much projects, and we should not go this way
for now.

The number of potential class sharing being limited for now, I propose
to leave it as such.

--
Eric
http://about.echarles.net