james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NoSQL backend for James
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:14:09 GMT
You are right, you already sent the github link.

I've checked out the code and I've made some changes to make it
compile, also I have changed id signature in messages and mailboxes to
String since couchdb uses string. I have hardcoded a user and password
in the Utils class, it should go in the configuration files though.

I just have sent you a pull request
https://github.com/manolo/james-couchdb/commit/2b6b0ebce5c78198b14d1e7ec05c178d56482919

The unique Test in the tree do no pass, I think you can start fixing
the test so as it should be easier to follow the code taking a look to
tests.

- Manolo

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Pepijn de Vos <pepijndevos@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I added the github link to the beautifully formatted original email, but I think Google
mistreated my message.

> Her it is again: https://github.com/pepijndevos/james-couchdb
>
> Pepijn
>
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino wrote:
>
>> Hi Pepjin, could be possible to share your code anywhere, so as I
>> could checkout it and take a look?
>>
>> Don't worry about if the code is ok or not, I think github could be
>> ok, but you could send a compressed file via email or whatever you
>> prefer.
>>
>> - Manolo
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Pepijn de Vos <pepijndevos@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Okay, I put up the result for the day.
>>> I made a CouchDbMailbox with Ektorp @annotations.
>>> I made an attempt to make the MailboxMapper, but I got stuck at the <type>
casting sugar which I don't grok. My IDE keeps complaining it can't resolve the incompatible
types, while both are just Mailboxes.
>>> I stuffed the CouchDB connection in a class, not happy with it.
>>> I'm not sure how to implement the findMailboxWithPathLike and hasChildren methods.
>>> Any help appreciated, especially with the... <> things. list() is the only
one that's red wiggly lines, the others are just unchecked casts. I've been adding random
casts and <> left and right.

>>> https://github.com/pepijndevos/james-couchdb
>>>
>>> Pepijn

understand the configuration. It does have a Spring module. Any pointers on how to organize
the config and connections?

things with regexes. Preferably I make that into a nice CouchDB view. CouchDB can't do fulltext
search. As far as I can tell, the IMAP RFC doesn't say anything about it.

besides subclassing the corresponding *Manager class to return one?

that resembles the HTTP API, since I'm not familiar with JPA. Haven't decided yet.

but if I'm still completely clueless by then, it's just not worth the effort.
a Java dev, I just thought it would be nice to use CouchDB for my application.
isn't any technical reason why I can't use JPA.

In other words, how are the modules glued into the whole? How does the server know which class
to load? It's not in the pom.xml, afaict.

I implement the interface is enough to @autowire it into James?

a lot of tests are common to all mailbox implementations.

will it work? All sorts of things refer to the parent pom. I'll put something on github once
I figure it out. I think it'll work out once I get to the point where I can write some code.

very generic. They look like they could test any mailbox implementation.