james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [mailets] Proposal: MailetContext enhancement
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:25:53 GMT
I dont agree with you here... I think just have an dispose method is fine. Its not different
the for example the need to close an EntityManager which is quite nature in the enterprise.

bye
norman

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 18.12.2011 um 19:45 schrieb Steve Brewin <sbrewin@synsys.com>:

> Obviously this was my first thought, but this exposes the mail server to compromise by
Mailets that forget to call dispose() on failure.

> If we want to be Enterprise strength, this isn't good enough as it is too weak a contract.
We must guarantee that dispose will be called (my new solution), or prevent the exposure (the
current solution).

> --Steve
>
> On 18/12/2011 18:56, Norman Maurer wrote:
>> I would prefer more to just add a dispose() method to the Mail interface.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Norman

> This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Synergy Systems Limited.
It may not represent the views of Synergy Systems Limited.

> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in error, please
notify the sender by replying with "received in error" as the subject and then delete it from
your mailbox.