james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Brewin <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject Notes on JAMES-1352 Commits
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:09:44 GMT
Hi
Yesterday I committed fixes for JAMES-1352 "Increase the robustness of
org.apache.james.userldap.ReadOnlyUsersLDAPRepository". A few design
questions arise from this.

Aside from a little house-keeping, the only changes to  the
org.apache.james.userldap package are:
- The introduction of a retryable LDAP context via a proxy class.
- Authorization uses a reconnect() on a new instance of the existing
LdapContext, thereby propagating all other Context related settings.
- All retry functionality is implemented in
org.apache.james.util.retry.* packages as this retry functionality is
generic and reusable. In fact, there are no references to other James
packages here.

Q1: Are there any objections to factoring the generic behaviour into
org.apache.james.util. as done here? If so, we can repackage. Where else
should it live?

Q2: I've introduced interfaces into the maven james-server-util project.
Some, but not all, other projects  have been split to separate classes
from interfaces. Do we need to do this here? Or should we wait until the
interfaces are actually used outside of the james-server-util project?

Cheers
Steve

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Synergy Systems Limited. It may
not represent the views of Synergy Systems Limited.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in error, please
notify the sender by replying with "received in error" as the subject and then delete it from
your mailbox.