james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Brewin <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject [mailets] Proposal: MailetContext enhancement
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:00:25 GMT
Hi

Interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext defines four sendMail()
methods that construct and send an org.apache.mailet.Mail instance. None
of these methods provide the ability to specify the mail attributes that
should be attached.

I propose adding a further four methods mirroring the existing ones each
with an extra parameter:

@param attributes
         The Mail attributes to attach

This functionality is generally useful. The lack of it is a blocker to
some SieveMailboxMailet enhancements.

Q1: Are there any objections to this?

Q2: The release version of the Mailet API is 2.4, so logically we should
step to 2.5. There is already a 2.5 version in trunk containing a few
changes. We can:

a) Combine the existing changes with these proposed changes
b) Park the existing changes and make 2.5 = 2.4 plus these proposed changes
c) Something else?

Opinions please.

Q3: Whatever we decide to do for Q2, for JSieve development to proceed
this version of the Mailet API needs to be implemented by
JamesMailetContext in James Server trunk. Are there any objections to this?

Cheers
--Steve