james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I deployed mailbox site
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:19:04 GMT
On 18/12/11 18:32, Felix Knecht wrote:
>> mvn site-deploy doesn't seem to properly deploy multi-project site.
>
> This should work, if we may have a bug. IIRC mvn site-deploy should
> generate and deploy the documentations site to somewhere/ and mvn
> site-deploy -Psite-reports should deploy the reports site to
> somewhere/technical-reports/ (when using james-project -pom-1.8 as
> parent). If it doesn't we do have a special "feature" which needs to be
> fixes.

Yep, this is part of the discussion about the structure or our web
sites. Prolly one site does not fit them all.

I am in favor of splitting:
- the user site (being more a marketing site to drive to a one-click
download).
- the manual site (how to install, configure, monitor)
- the developer site (how to develop, the maven reports,...).

This already makes 3 dimensions, that we have to multiply by the number
of different projects, at least the nature of project we have (server is
a beast quite different from mime4j and hupa beasts for example).

Heads up :)
--
Eric http://about.echarles.net