james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Brewin <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject Re: [mailets] Proposal: MailetContext enhancement
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:45:01 GMT
Obviously this was my first thought, but this exposes the mail server to
compromise by Mailets that forget to call dispose() on failure.

If we want to be Enterprise strength, this isn't good enough as it is
too weak a contract. We must guarantee that dispose will be called (my
new solution), or prevent the exposure (the current solution).

--Steve

On 18/12/2011 18:56, Norman Maurer wrote:
> I would prefer more to just add a dispose() method to the Mail interface.
>
> Bye,
> Norman

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Synergy Systems Limited. It may
not represent the views of Synergy Systems Limited.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in error, please
notify the sender by replying with "received in error" as the subject and then delete it from
your mailbox.