james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Brewin <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Is anyone looking at this at the moment?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:34:56 GMT
On 18/12/2011 20:29, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> <snipped>

> It's been a long since I looked at james sources, but I guess the
> right way would be to use the FileSystem service we already use
> elsewhere (there is even a TODO in the javadocs for that
> ResourceLocatorImpl about this). For reference BayesianAnalysis is
> another mailet that uses the FileSystem service. Stefano
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.

I was thinking of something more generic as the repository for Sieve
scripts needn't be the file system. For instance, RFC5804 "ManageSieve"
defines a Sieve management protocol for interacting with a remote server
and the associated URLs.

For now though, switching to the FileSystem service would get things
working, so it's a good interim route.

Cheers
--Steve