james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Saibabu Vallurupalli <saibabu.vallurupa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Domain name change
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:10:57 GMT
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response. Vanessa and I will try to do this in one of
our local boxes. Yes, we still have issues with maildir copy functionality
on Windows machines.

We will use your option 1 and option 2.

BTW: We heard that there is another way to use alias names for a domain. Is
it true? If we can use an alias name this simplifies our problem. Please
advise.

Thanks, Sai

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Eric Charles <eric@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Pao and Sai,
>
> With virtualhosting enabled, the username contain the domain which makes
> the things a bit more tricky.
>
> There are 2 manual options:
>
> 1. update the tables content (JAMES_DOMAIN.DOMAIN, JAMES_MAILBOX.NAME and
> also SUBSCRIPTION.MAILBOX) via a script (sql, or jdbc)
>
> 2. Copy to maildir, rename the ./var/store/maildir/your-**domain to
> ./var/store/maildir/your-new-**domain, reimport into a new database (with
> previous creation of needed users and domain).
>
> If I had to do it, I would copy via the maildir copy, but I think to
> remember from previous posts you had issues to restore. Is this still the
> case?
>
> Btw, the emails that users will find in their folders will not have a
> to-address that will map the the newly defined domain.
>
> Thx,
> Eric
>

> On 14/12/11 22:15, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric, Also run JPA.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Pao, Vanessa<vpao@harris.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>> I work with Sai and was asked to answer the first question.
>>>
>>> We have the following settings in the following files:
>>> useresrepositorymysql.xml->  enableVirtualHosting set to true
>>> usersrepository23.xml ->  enableVirtualHosting set to false