james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Logging library in our projects
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:10:40 GMT
2011/12/31 Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> to be honest I like the "monitor" idea but its a bit hard to implement in a useful way
in the ProtocolSession. This is because users will write their own ProtocolHandler implementation
and want to log different things there. How would you fulfill the need of that with a "monitor"
?

monitor.error()
monitor.warn()
monitor.debug()

;-)

You can also give an option to the monitor to throw an exception to
tell the monitored object that you didn't like what it told you. (but
this would need addind at least some message identifier to avoid text
pattern matching).
I don't think we need this, but never analyzed the code with this idea in mind.

Stefano

PS: have to go preparing for year end party!!