james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Is anyone looking at this at the moment?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:29:50 GMT
2011/12/13 Steve Brewin <sbrewin@synsys.com>:
> Hi
> Is anyone actively working on jSieve at the moment?

AFAIK, jsieve is used by Zimbra in a non-Avalon environment. I never
looked at how they use jSieve, but it worked for them.

> I suspect not as the code in trunk has a hard coded path that is relative to
> how things would be in an Avalon deployment - "..apps/james/var/sieve", so
> scripts  will never be found (unless you read the source code to
> org.apache.james.transport.mailets.ResourceLocatorImpl) and create the
> appropriate fie structure.

ResourceLocator is not really "jSieve" but a James Server
implementation or the ResourceLocator needed by jSieve and used by the
jSieve based Sieve mailet.

> To be fair, there is a code comment that "This is a toy implementation". To
> at least keep this working are there any objections to my changing the
> relative path to ../sieve. On a *nix platform I would expect this to be
> mapped to a subdirectory of /var, but we don't need to enforce this in the
> code base.

It's been a long since I looked at james sources, but I guess the
right way would be to use the FileSystem service we already use
elsewhere (there is even a TODO in the javadocs for that
ResourceLocatorImpl about this).
For reference BayesianAnalysis is another mailet that uses the
FileSystem service.

Stefano