james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Notes on JAMES-1352 Commits
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:15:02 GMT
2011/12/19 Steve Brewin <sbrewin@synsys.com>:
>> - Could the api reside in lifecyle-api (or data-api?) and the
>> implementation be moved to ldap module (does it make sense?)
>
> I don't think either are a natural fit. Should we find we use this approach
> generally useful it should probably be offered up to Commons. As an interim
> measure if people don't think james-server-util is a good home we could
> establish a james-commons project. Personally I don't see an immediate need.

If we currently have only one module depending on this generic
behaviour I would simply put everything in the final module.

IF and WHEN we will have another module in need to depend on the
generic behaviour we will have a real scenario and much more
informations to judge if we need a new module for the api, if the api
can be added to an existing api module or if we need another self
container project outside from the "server" tree.

Stefano