james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com>
Subject [EXPERIMENT] Integrate imap into protocols
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:12:09 GMT
Hi there,

as I have some spare time next week (at least it seems like that at moment
but who knows ;)) I want to start an experiment. I want to try to merge the
imap code base into the protocols project as module. I think this makes a
lot of sense, as our protocols api should be flexible enough for this.
Beside this all other protocol implementations are in there like POP3, SMTP
and LMTP. So adding IMAP would by just make sense ;)

For this I will create a branch and work in there as I'm almost sure it
will need some love and I don't want to mess with it in trunk now that we
are so close to 1.6.0 release in Protocols. Once the merge is done and
works I plan to cut a 2.0 release as I expect to need some api changes too.
If we don't need api changes we can just release it as 1.7.0.

Any comments ?

Norman