james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Logging library in our projects
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:25:50 GMT
Hi Eric,

I pulled out the slf4j dependency in protocols as its really sexy to have zero dependencies
in the API. We even only used the Logger interface which made it even more clear to me that
we should use our own logger interface.

Our implementations and so consumer of the API will still use slf4j.

We did the same in jSPF.

Hope it helps,
Norman

Von meinem  iPhone gesendet

Am 30.12.2011 um 20:48 schrieb Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed:
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1149 (Replace commons-logging with jcl-over-slf4j)
> - and recent https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTOCOLS-76 (Remove dependency on
slf4j)

> I commented on the PROTOCOLS-76 about the incompatible types which makes the integration
of our different project more complicated (incompatible logger types in constructor,...).