james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Server modules Naming/Grouping
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:13:00 GMT
Hi there,

Doing recent protocols trunk integration in server, it became clear to
me that our server components can be grouped together to form coherent
subcomponents (even usable outside James mail server, but that's another
story).

btw, Recent Apache Hadoop mavenization gave birth to 38 modules (James
server modules can be considered small compared to these 38, even when
counting the mailbox and protocols modules).

So here's my first shot (it goes over grouping on name level, not
merging!!):

Curent list (prefixed with a 'Subcomponent Group')
1 container-spring
2 core (1 class module)
3 dnsservice-api
3 dnsservice-dnsjava
3 dnsservice-library
? fetchmail
4 filesystem-api
5 imapserver
5 lmtpserver
6 data-api
6 data-library
6 hbase
6 jpa
6 jcr
6 jdbc
6 file
4 lifecycle-api
1 lifecycle-spring
7 mailbox-adapter
8 mailetcontainer-api
8 mailetcontainer-camel
8 mailets
5 protocols-library
5 pop3server
5 smtpserver
9 queue-api
9 queue-file
9 queue-jms
9 queue-activemq
5 ldap
2 util
2 cli

Subcomponent Group Naming
1 container
2 util
3 dns
4 api
5 data
6 socket
7 adapter
8 mailet
9 queue

Let's talk about it.
(for the implementation, 2 options are possible : with or without subparent)

Thx,
Eric