james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen STAN <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject james presentation at Berlin Buzzwords
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:27:50 GMT
Hello all,

I wish to submit a talk about James to Berlin Buzzwords this June. The
deadline is 11 march and the conference is about NosQL, search and
Machine Learning in real world applications.

I can fit James in the NoSQL section with HBase mailbox implementation.
I know that HBase implementation is not 'there' yet because it hasn't
been released and tested into the wild, but I'm planning to improve it
by June. On my TODO list is distributed UID generation, improved schema
and some performance tests.

James has a lot of things to offer (mailets, high performance SMTP with
netty, modularity) and it's a big project that just happens to be small
(i.e. not enough devs and companies involved). Some better marketing
will benefit the project.

I haven't submitted my proposal yet. I wanted to hear your input on
this. What do you think?

Regards,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan