james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: Implement svnpubsub using "mvn site" ?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:36:31 GMT
fyi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Implement svnpubsub using "mvn site" ?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:48:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
To: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>,  Eric Charles
<eric.charles@u-mangate.com>,  Apache Infrastructure
<infrastructure@apache.org>

----- Original Message -----

FWIW Benson, having maven build the javadocs to an svn-1.7 working copy
in a way
that manages adds and deletes properly is where I really see a need for
an asf
maven plugin.  If you do it well you can tell maven the svn url of where to
get/put those built objects instead of dealing with svn externals, and
it will
be perfectly compatible with git-based projects with a little .gitignore
magic.

Actually doing site builds is something I'd really suggest people take a
good
look at the CMS for.  The basic principle is to take most of the pain of
site
management out of the committer's coding workflow and onto the web where
it belongs.
No reason why in this day and age a committer needs to be running mvn
site and
mvn site-deploy on their own machines unless they really really need to.