james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for information
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:12:22 GMT
Pe 24.02.2012 15:29, Saibabu Vallurupalli a scris:
> Hi Gazda,
>
> I might have explained the issue in a different way. I am able to checkout
> without any issues. Only problem is it is checking out so much of code and
> I am wondering if it is really needed for present development.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/current/ This URL is checking out so
> much of code. I need only the latest development version to do some
> development.
>
> Thanks,
> Sai

Most of the time you will work on just one module or a part of the
project. So you don't need to get all the code. You can check-out
individual components like mailbos trunk:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/trunk. If you need
specific version go for tags or branches.

You can see all the project components here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/. They follow svn standard
directory layout with trunk, tags, branches.

I'm using sparse svn checkout to ignore tags and branches and better
manage what I check-out:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/50945/can-you-do-a-partial-checkout-with-subversion

Cheers,

--