james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Gazda <gazdahims...@gmail.com>
Subject Are flags implicitly shared in James mailboxes?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:37:52 GMT
Gentlemen,

I am working on the mapping of ACL to to READ-WRITE and READ-ONLY
response codes. The mapping is defined in RFC 4314 section 5.2. The
definition uses the term "shared flags":

  If the ACL server implements some flags as shared for a mailbox
  (i.e., the ACL for the mailbox MAY be set up so that changes to those
  flags are visible to another user), ....

I tried to search through the Mailbox code how this is supported. The
only relevant locations seem to be the
getPermanentFlags(MailboxSession) methods in StoreMessageManager
hierarchy.
My conclusion is, that there is no possibility to configure some flags
as shared or not shared. Am I right?
All flags are probably either implicitly shared or implicitly not
shared but I am not able to tell which one is the case.
So, my question is: If we allow multiple users to access a single
mailbox (which we do not allow at the moment), would the flag
modifications performed by one user be visible to other users?

AFAIK in Cyrus IMAP server, the only flag which can be configured as
shared for a given mailbox is the SEEN flag, see
http://linux.die.net/man/1/cyradm

Best,

gazda