james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Gazda <gazdahims...@gmail.com>
Subject ACL support plans
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:21:04 GMT
Gentlemen,

In the next weeks, I would like to proceed with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-358 Enforce rights required
to perform different IMAP4rev1 Commands in IMAP processors.
Just two questions:

(1) Is it still OK if I further work under apache-james-imap and not
under protocols-imap? Is there a rough estimate when will
apache-james-imap become obsolete?

(2) Tests: Is there a recommended way how to test the enforcement of
the individual rights in James?
I have written some tests for GETACL, SETACL, LISTRIGHTS, MYRIGHTS and
DELETERIGHTS in the apache-james-imap-processor project. All of them
are directed towards the respective processors. Could please somebody
review esp. the test*Right*() methods in them and tell me if it is
sufficient to test the security of other IMAP commands in this way?

Best,

gazda