james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache James Server and App 3.0-beta4
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:07:54 GMT
Hi there,

The VOTE passed for the server artifacts
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta4/):

+1 Ioan, Eric*, Manolo*, Stefano*
+0 Felix*, Vincenzo*
-1

* Binding

I will push the server artifacts to the maven central and the mirrors.

We miss one binding vote for the app artifacts (same result as for
server, minus Stefano). I opened JAMESAPP-4 and will commit a new NOTICE
file before relaunching a vote for app.

Thx for your reviews and votes,

Eric

On 07/03/12 17:09, Eric Charles wrote:
> I just run rat on the app project, but it only audits the source/conf
> files, not the declared dependencies (the jar).
>
> Maybe this is due to the assembly 'nature' of this maven project?
>
> Robert?

> Summary
> -------
> Generated at: 2012-03-07T17:07:57+01:00
> Notes: 12
> Binaries: 0
> Archives: 0
> Standards: 58
>
> Apache Licensed: 56
> Generated Documents: 0
>
> JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
> Generated files do not required license headers
>
> 2 Unknown Licenses
>
> *******************************
>
> Unapproved licenses:
>
> README.crypto
> src/main/licensing/app/notice-for-binary.txt
>

> Thx,
> Eric

>>> The difference should mainly come from hbase/hadoop which are ASL2 and
>>> should give no problem.
>>> Maybe some other jars are also present, but they don't jump to my
>>> head atm.
>>
>> I noticed some api jar (servlet-api), core-3.1.1.jar (eclipse
>> license?), serp-1.13.1.jar (BSD?) jetty (ASL, but have NOTICE stuff we
>> have to "republish")... and maybe more...
>>
>>> Will you do the review (just to coordinate ourselves) ?
>>
>> Not soon.
>>
>> Each jar have to be checked and either excluded or correctly
>> referenced in NOTICE/LICENSE. The main problem is that I don't have a
>> good knowledge of what have to be listed and what not. E.g: jetty has
>> this notice:
>> http://svn.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-6.1/NOTICE.txt
>> . How should be deal with it in our binary distribution? (should we
>> include that NOTICE in our main notice?).
>>
>> IIRC Robert created a tool to help with the creation/maintenance of
>> the LICENSE file (licensed under .... from ....: list of jars) that
>> used for b3 release.
>>
>> Stefano

GMT.