james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Gazda <gazdahims...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACL support plans
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:47:39 GMT
Eric,

please see inline.

> (1) I would love to see the current activity in protocols-imap. I had to
> postpone my contribution on the integration (b4 release and many other
> stuff), but next week should be a good week for me to work on this. I
> propose you continue your implementations in protocols-imap (hoping you
> don't have to backport too much from apache-james-imap such as the tests,
> and hoping also we can work together on the same codebase, on my side more
> regarding the integration of the processors in the protocol handler chain).

I have not started yet. I will have a look at the diffs between
protocols-imap and apache-james-imap in the next days and backport all
the necessary stuff.

> (2) Your tests use mocks and no concrete processor, I think this is the good
> way to do the unit tests in this case.

Hm... You say "no concrete processor"? Did you not want to say
something else? For every test in question, the particular processor
of the respective IMAP command IS actually being tested.
Perhaps you wanted to say "no concrete storage impementation"?

Best,

gazda