james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: help with site migration
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:40:06 GMT
2012/4/2 Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieugen@gmail.com>:
> Please feel free to add info about how docs are generated and published.
> From what I know we use maven site plugin to generate the docs from some xml
> pages.

Maven generates some page using the xdoc format and files we put in
the /src/site folder of each project. Then it also generate much more
pages using plugins.
There is a lot of stuff we generate using maven and that you can't
generate otherwise, so we'll still need maven to update the website.

> I also wish to move to a more friendlier way of writing docs (something with
> Markdown syntax maybe, I don't know). This may imply moving away from mvn
> site. How do you feel about this?

I don't care about syntax, but I care about consistency and easyness
of the release process, so I expect you to show us some proposal in a
sandbox so we can have a look at it and its workflow.
And if you want to move to something different from the current xdocs
you should prepare to "translate" all of our projects (otherwise we
end up with 2 different ways to do things and in the long term this
gives nothing good).

Stefano