james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC2012] Hupa evolution
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:20:20 GMT
I've been taking a look to the demo, it looks pretty nice because of a good
selection of css, I'll  deep into the code when I had a while.

You can see Hupa in action in either servers:
http://hupa.alcala.org (it's a shared server I use, it could be down
sometimes)
http://james.zones.apache.org  (it's a recent instance deployed in the
James jail server).

In order to use hupa you have to login with any gmail user (previously you
have to enable imap in that user).

- Manolo

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieugen@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Dhurbo, Manolo,
>
> I think the developer doing the work should choose whatever platform
> he is most comfortable with. Good code has to come out of his hands
> and comfort aids that. Having both with be great (but most likely hard
> to maintain in the long run).
>
> As a user I would like to see something usable that looks nice. I
> wouldn't care if it where implemented in a specific platform.
>
> MyFaces mailbox demo looks very nice. I haven't checked Hupa demo (I
> know Manolo has one installed, but I don't have a gmail test account
> and I didn't see any SSL), maybe we should have a mocked HUPA install
> like MyFaces one available online. I wonder what it will take to do
> that?
>
> My cents ;).
> Cheers,
>
> 2012/4/18 Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com>:
> > Manolo -
> > Primefaces Mailbox template ---
> > http://www.primefaces.org/showcase-labs/ui/layoutMailbox.jsf
> >
> > Its basic but good starting point. They have very rich component suite
> also
> > you can look into Primefaces extensions for more layouts and Rich editor
> > support besides what is provided by Primefaces itself.
> > The extensions project is hosted here -
> > http://code.google.com/p/primefaces-extensions/
> >
> > They also have their entire showcase online.
> >
> > Slight deviation - following the principles of Zimbra we can easily
> > (hopefully) we can turn this webmail app into a desktop app like MS
> OUTLOOK
> > or Thunderbird by embeding Jetty with Mozilla Prism (is it a dead
> project i
> > guess) or some kind of XULRunner.
> >
> > Also I am available for any consultancy or help on Primefaces, JSF 2,
> > Spring. I can also do lot of  development as well provided I have a
> commit
> > privilege on SVN :) . One big advantage I see using JSF 2 is modular app
> > development. Please check this link -
> > https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ModularWebAppsWithJSF2?_sscc=t
> >
> > This can be further extended with Spring and Ant style configuration.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino
> > <manolo@apache.org>wrote:
> >
> >> Dhrubo, Is there a site running the the webmail example of primefaces?,
> or
> >> is there a way to download the .war file?, I'd like to take a look.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> - Manolo

> JEE
> which