james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC2012] Hupa evolution
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 06:59:43 GMT
-1  JSF2
+1 GWT

Like JSF2, GWT is a proved technology, open sourced, and apache-2 licensed.

GWT adds a set of benefices to James, mainly we continue being java centric
and we dont need serious javascript, ajax nor html skills to understand the
project, secondly we can deliver a product which is unit tested and
javadoc-ed in all its components.

I don't want to expose the benefices of developing large rich apps with gwt
vs hand-written js because there is a lot of literature along the web.

- Manolo