james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC2012] Hupa evolution
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:52:35 GMT
Dhrubo,

More helpful info about gwt.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Manolo -
> Primefaces Mailbox template ---
> http://www.primefaces.org/showcase-labs/ui/layoutMailbox.jsf

Gwt guys have an example of a Mail application as a start-point as well (we
did not use it at the beginning of hupa though)
 http://gwt.google.com/samples/Mail/Mail.html

> Its basic but good starting point. They have very rich component suite also
> you can look into Primefaces extensions for more layouts and Rich editor
> support besides what is provided by Primefaces itself.
> The extensions project is hosted here -
> http://code.google.com/p/primefaces-extensions/
>
> They also have their entire showcase online.

Gwt show-case (it is fully customizable using just a well documented css
api)
http://gwt.google.com/samples/Showcase/Showcase.html#!CwCellList

Of course, out of the core there are several widgets, suites and libs
available.

> Slight deviation - following the principles of Zimbra we can easily
> (hopefully) we can turn this webmail app into a desktop app like MS OUTLOOK
> or Thunderbird by embeding Jetty with Mozilla Prism (is it a dead project i
> guess) or some kind of XULRunner.
>
> Also I am available for any consultancy or help on Primefaces, JSF 2,
> Spring. I can also do lot of  development as well provided I have a commit
> privilege on SVN :) . One big advantage I see using JSF 2 is modular app
> development. Please check this link -
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ModularWebAppsWithJSF2?_sscc=t
>
> This can be further extended with Spring and Ant style configuration.

Hupa already is packaged with jetty, so it could be run in any desktop with
java, using a browser or even xul.

Hupa works out-of-the-box in mobile devices (try access with a mobile or
tablet to the demmoing instances), and because gwt is pure js, it should be
easy to convert in a mobile native app using phonegap (now apache cordova).

- Manolo

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino
> <manolo@apache.org>wrote:
>
> > Dhrubo, Is there a site running the the webmail example of primefaces?,
> or
> > is there a way to download the .war file?, I'd like to take a look.
> >
> > Thanks
> > - Manolo
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I do not intend to launch a debate on GWT v JSF 2. But JSF 2 is the JEE
> > > standard for UI and Primefaces comes with sample layout for webmail
> which
> > > may help you get started very fast.

> > really
> > > too.