james-server-dev mailing list archives

From roy.ja...@xemaps.com
Subject would like to increase cpu usage
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 05:45:13 GMT
Hello James devs!

So our custom implementation of James is truckin' along and we started running load tests.
 Despite hundreds of connections I can't seem to get James' IMAP service to utilize more than
60% (usually hovers around 50%) cpu.  This could be due to our custom implementation but I
was wondering if there were any parameters I could set that could help me tune the service?

I do see ioWorkerCount and maxExecutorCount but these don't seem to change CPU usage for me.
 Any suggestions would be great!

Unfortunately I have yet to get around to figuring out what was wrong with the COMPRESS option
for IMAP.  Partially due to lack of time (we can deal with no compression for now) and partially
due to my newbiness.  I tried to grok the code for COMPRESS but was left kind of confused.
 I tried to follow the chain of command but for some reason could not find where the compression
was actually handled.  Could someone point out the class that actually does the compress and
decompress?

Regards,
Roy