james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to use git-svn with James
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:10:14 GMT
Hi Gazda,

I saw you created  james/trunk/sandbox/git-branches/, but not sure why.

The 3 ways I can imagine to work with Apache James git repo are:

1. clone the git repo on your laptop, add a remote to your github, push
to the defined remote

2. import your local svn to your github repo (will all the history).

3. remove all .svn folders from your local svn repo, and push this plain
source to your github repo.

I would have gone for Option 3. which is quite to benefit from the diffs
you have to show us without the history.  Once OK, a diff (git diff)
could be reapplied to the james svn.

Option 1. is should also be easy.

I already worked with Option 2. (svn to git) for another project, but
the import process takes some long time and can give you surprises...

Of course, the james multi-project nature will not help you...

Thx, Eric